Saturday, October 01, 2005

Decisions, decisions

The last round of Gourmet Survivor II ends tomorrow. I'm having so much fun making New Orleans dishes that I'm playing along until the end. First came po' boys, then beignets, and now...well, it's whatever I want to make. This leads to an important question: what should I cook tomorrow? Gumbo I've made once, focusing on getting the roux nice and dark and relishing the end result. Etoufee sounds interesting. Jambalaya appeals as it seems similar to paella, a dish I love. All involve rice, one of my favorite foods on the planet.

I leave the decision to you. What should I make? I will include step by step pictures and a recipe tomorrow, so choose wisely!






Free polls from Pollhost.com
What New Orleans dish should Kathy make?

gumbo
jambalaya
etoufee